Proposal for Session Schedule

Where we discuss Anything related to the march plenary, such as requests for f2f meetings, BoF sessions, the agenda, etc.

Moderators: Leif.Laaksonen, SaraPittonetGaiarin

Proposal for Session Schedule

Postby HermanStehouwer » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:42 pm

Dear all,

Here you can find the currently proposed schedule for the requested sessions.

Please see below for the current schedule.

Here we will first give an overview of the proposed BoF sessions (in no particular order):

Image
HermanStehouwer
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:19 pm

Re: Proposal for Session Schedule

Postby dgiaretta » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:07 am

Hi Herman

I did request a slot for the Preservation working group a while ago before things were properly set up but was waiting for confirmation of the number of attendees. I am sure a good number of people will be there so I'd appreciate it if a slot 60-90 minutes could be found. We should have had one or more virtual meetings before the face to face.

Group: Preservtion WG
Chairs: (To be confirmed) David Giaretta, jamie Shiers
Expected number of participants: about 10+ confirmed plus others from non-overlapping group slots.

Agenda:
- present and discuss WG charter
- identification of use cases and target scenarios
- identify missing areas where representatives should be targeted
- extend list of identified services already available or under development
- detailed planning of the work
- initial allocation of actions
dgiaretta
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:01 am

Re: Proposal for Session Schedule

Postby HermanStehouwer » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:47 pm

Dear David,

Do not worry we can still fit you in.
If you can tell me (or everyone) who would like to attend I can try to create the schedule with the least amount of conflicts for people.
(though conflicts are unfortunately already not preventable).

Cheers,

Herman
HermanStehouwer
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:19 pm

Re: Proposal for Session Schedule

Postby llannom » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:03 pm

Hi Herman,

I'd like to request a one hour slot for the Data Type Registry candidate working group. The obvious connection is with the PID Information Types so it would appear to fit in that blank slot prior to the PID Information Types f2f. I believe there will be considerable overlap among the two groups. I don't expect a large session, but there have been some interesting comments on the forum and the Washington meeting attracted some interesting discussion so I am hopeful. Daan and I would organize the hour into presentation of the case statement, discussion of the comments with special attention to related efforts and registries and how to connect to them, both architecturally and personally, and a focused discussion on how to proceed in an optimal fashion.

Thanks,

Larry
llannom
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: Proposal for Session Schedule

Postby inkouper » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:47 pm

The co-chairs of the engagement WG might not be able to attend the plenary in March, but we would like to hold the scheduled spot if it's possible. Several people expressed interest in getting together and discussing the activities of this group. We will prepare an agenda in advance and circulate it among the members of our group and ask for written feedback after the meeting.
inkouper
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:42 pm

Re: Proposal for Session Schedule

Postby amaffei » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:15 pm

I'm a co-chair in the Community Engagement working group with Inna and I've been able to change my schedule so I should be able to attend now.
amaffei
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:01 pm

Re: Proposal for Session Schedule

Postby HermanStehouwer » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:13 pm

Dear all,

here is an updated schedule.

Larry, Daan: I am very sorry, but I could not fit in the Data Type Registry anymore.
Slots where taken on a first-come first-serve basis.

Should you (or anyone else) want to hold a more informal BoF or f2f meeting please contact me.
At most points during the day we have some rooms you could use. I will sync.
HermanStehouwer
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:19 pm

Re: Proposal for Session Schedule

Postby rduerr » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:20 pm

Aargh! Too many interesting parallel sessions!

I need to attend the Terminology sessions, since until we agree on terms and meanings we will persist in talking past each other; but am conflicted as I am also very interested in Contextual Metadata, Citation of Dynamic Data, Metadata, and Preservation (well this last does not conflict with Terminology) as these are some core areas of my interest and expertise.
rduerr
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: Proposal for Session Schedule

Postby HermanStehouwer » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:14 am

Once again an update.
We found some extra flexibility.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HermanStehouwer
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:19 pm

Re: Proposal for Session Schedule

Postby Gary » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:59 pm

While interested in participating I will be in the Data Foundations and Terminology group which starts before the Engage discussion but overlaps with it.
I may be able to jump in for the last hour or so -17-1800.....

Gary
Gary
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:45 pm

Next

Return to March Plenary

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron